What are Cookies?
We use the term cookie to describe cookies and similar technologies such as tags and pixels. Cookies are small data files that websites place on your computer, laptop or mobile device.
- To improve the performance of our websites by understanding which parts work well, and which don’t.
- To deliver relevant online advertising to you both on our websites and elsewhere. This is sometimes done by combining data that we already have about you with the data collected through Cookies. These Cookies are placed by us and selected third parties and enable adverts to be presented to you on our and third-party websites.
- To measure how effective our online advertising and marketing communications are.
- To enable us to collect information about how you and other people use our websites.
What Cookies do we use?
We use the following Cookies:
- Strictly necessary Cookies. These are Cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They are necessary for the safety, security and integrity of the site. For example, they help support the structure of the pages that are displayed to you, help to improve navigation and allow you to return to pages you have previously visited. This type of Cookie only lasts for the duration of the time you are visiting the website. When you leave the website, they are deleted automatically.
- Performance Cookies or analytical Cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. The data is aggregated and anonymised, which means we cannot identify you as an individual.
- Functionality Cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). These Cookies will remain on your device until you choose to clear it. If you choose to do this, you will need to enter your details each time you visit the site.
- Targeting Cookies. These Cookies will collect information about your browsing habits and allow us to show you adverts while you are browsing our site and other sites on the internet. They are set by us or by carefully selected third parties. They help us to understand the performance of our marketing activities and improve the relevance of the adverts that you see.
Blocking or restricting Cookies
You can stop Cookies being used on your device by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to block the deployment of all or some Cookies. Please visit www.allaboutcookies.org to find out how. Please note, if you use your browser settings to block Cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
If you have a question about this policy, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: Data Protection Officer, Living Ventures, 98 King St, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 6HQ
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner. Go to ico.org.uk/concerns to find out more.